Life happens, right? It was a roller coaster of a weekend around these parts and there went all my intentions on following the daily writing prompts from Fabulous Finds by Tiffany. But, she’s got a good one today: What’s on the iPod? If you know anything about me, you know I long to throw my arms around Foo Fighter front man Dave Grohl. I love that man and what he does for music. While my heart lay with dirty rock n’ roll music, I really do love most anything. So, what’s on my iPod? Here’s a sampling of my collection and a look at a few new favorites!
Ten random songs selected by shuffle:
- Flake by Jack Johnson from Brushfire Fairytales
- Save Me by Hanson from This Time Around
- How We Do (Party) by Rita Ora
- Across the Universe by Michael Armstrong from Rockabye Baby, Lullaby Renditions of The Beatles
- Everlong by Foo Fighters from Skin and Bones
- Do What You Want by Bad Religion from Suffer
- The Edge of Glory by Gaga from Born This Way
- Victorla by Veruca Salt from American Thighs
- Gold Digger by Kanye West & Jamie Foxx from Late Registration
- Do-Re-Mi from The Sound of Music soundtrack
I could hear the gasp and chuckle from here when you saw Hanson on this list. Mark my words, it’s a great album. I love some of the oldies that came up too – like, Veruca Salt and Bad Religion. It’s like I’m 19 years old again when I hear those tracks.
A couple of new favorites:
I absolutely love the entire Bruno Mars album Unorthodox Jukebox.
Angel from Montgomery by Bonnie Raitt (which isn’t a new track but I heard it recently playing overhead at Starbucks and I absolutely LOVE Bonnie Raitt…so I downloaded it and it’s new to me!)
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
What’s your new favorite?